Last night I started my first toe-up sock on two circular needles using the Figure 8 Cast-On.  Very neat how it works out. This method was easy to master, so next time I will try Judy Becker's Magic Cast-On.  I'm using the Lacy Ribs pattern from Wendy Johnson's Socks from the Toe Up book.  This is a perfect pattern for nearly mindless knitting sessions while watching TV or for picking up when presented with a bit of knitting time whereever you happen to be in the world.

I am using Shibui sock yarn from ShibuiKnits in the jewel colorway. The company's "mulberry", "wisteria", "emerald" and "wasabi" color descriptions sound as luscious as this yarn looks.  I am quite taken with this 100% ultrawash merino wool fiber, enjoy working with it, and love the silky feel and look to it on my needles.  I am quite sure my feet will agree.

NOTE TO SELF:  No matter how easy the pattern, put the knitting needles down upon accepting a second glass of wine. I will have one row of back-tracking to do tonight as a result of last night's second serving.
0 Responses